D-8 Technology Transfer and Exchange Network (TTEN)
D-8 Technology Transfer and Exchange Network (TTEN) is an international network to develop technology cooperation among the Eight Developing Muslim States including Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan and Turkey. It will fulfill as a platform in technology arena to launch technology cooperation among Member States such as technology transfer and hi-tech products market, capacity building and information dissemination on technological capabilities, achievements, organize technology transactions, and create coordination and synergism among Member States. Various instruments are enacted to boost Technology-Business atmosphere from which are databank of requests and offers, support to participate in exhibitions, workshops, Business meetings, investment opportunities and etc.
D-8 TTEN is a platform for technologists in D-8 Member States to boost and manage all kinds of technology cooperation aimed at provision of governments, industries, Science and Technology Parks, technology companies, innovators and activists in technology management in countries to fulfil their needs and offer capabilities to each other.
- Create, develop and strengthen D-8 technologists’ network;
- Support technological cooperation among members;
- Creating synergy and opportunity for government and private sectors in different technology fields;
- Providing and planning of technology transfer and hi-tech products markets development.
Talking more about the network, D-8 TTEN is developing its network concentrating on technology areas and business sector. Generally speaking, in technology area, the extension of network among innovators, start-ups, SMEs and etc. is aimed. On the other hand, in business area, D-8 TTEN needs to expose its technology capabilities to investment funds, industries, entrepreneurs and etc. to conform a network of business activists to achieve its goals.
D-8 TTEN milestones since its establishment are:
- Agreement on establishment of D-8 TTEN in the 3rd D-8 Ministerial Meeting on Industry (2012);
- Holding the 1st High Council Meeting of D-8 TTEN in I.R. Iran and unveiling the established portal; (2013);
- Receiving 160 Technology information (Offer and Request) and sharing them with all D-8 TTEN Focal Points in the Member Countries (2013);
- Holding the 2nd High Council Meeting of D-8 TTEN in Nigeria (2014);
- Ratification of rewarding the best technology transfer contract among D-8 and OIC member countries (2014);
- Holding the 3rd High Council Meeting of D-8 TTEN in Malaysia (2015);
- Organizing Technology Transfer Workshop in Iran hosted by Iran Focal Point (2016);
- Rewarding the D-8 TTEN Technology Transfer Award for 2016 to the best contract nominated to the secretariat;
- Holding the 4th High Council Meeting in Dhaka, Bangladesh (2017);
- Organizing the first Technology Investment Meeting (TIM2017) in Tehran.
Technology data bank and web portal – The opportunity to show Offers and Requests: www.d8tten.org
Providing data banks of member countries on internet with the aim of creating synergism and opportunities and building capacity in the field of technology is one part of the activities of the Network.
Over 100 products have been recorded on the web portal and members’ requests and offers are visible for defining future cooperation.